LED luminary, LED lamp certification
RF EMC DEVELOPMENT offers LED luminary, lamp certification, LED luminary, lamp Declaration of Conformity and LED luminary, lamp CE marking. This requires at least one LED luminary sample to carry out testing and LED luminary documentation (technical file).
Certification or Declaration of Conformity is mandatory for LED luminaries and LED lamps to enter European Union market and to be marked. Certification and Declaration of Conformity procedures are different in the aspect– who is carrying out the procedure. Certification is carried out by European Union Notified body (NB). Declaration of Conformity is carried out by manufacturer or manufacturer’s representative in European Union. It is obvious that, Declaration of Conformity is less expensive (usually by ~30% cheaper), than certification carried out by third party. Common part of both procedures is testing; it must be done in both cases.
RF EMC DEVELOPMENT have reviewed LED luminary and LED lamp certification and Declaration of Conformity procedures in seven easy steps. These procedures are also applied to other electrical and electronic equipment, changing directives and standards.
LED luminary, lamp certification procedure:
1. It is necessary to receive at least one LED luminary, lamp sample (To certificate luminary, it is necessary to carry out testing in ISO17025 accredited laboratory. Basically, for LED luminary and LED lamp two European Union directives are applied:
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EC,
- Electromagnetic compatibility directive (EMC) 2014/30/EC.
2. EMC testing (LED luminary and LED lamp is tested in electromagnetic compatibility laboratory (EMC) according to following standards:
3. LVD testing (LED luminary and LED lamp is tested in LVD laboratory according to following standard: EN 60598 – 1 (for specific luminaries, there may be different standards used))
4. Technical file review (Technical information is reviewed– schematics, PCB drawings, component list, construction drawings etc.)
If upper defined steps 2 – 4 are not successfully passed
5. Development/troubleshooting (LED luminary, lamp manufacturer receives failing EMC and LVD test reports and caries out LED luminary, lamp improvements to pass EMC testing and LVD testing and technical file review. RF EMC DEVELOPMENT can offer help in this stage to reduce time required for LED luminary certification).
6. LED luminary and lamp certification (Certification is carried out by European Union Notified body).
7. Documentation transfer to LED luminary and lamp manufacturer (Documentation includes:
- LED luminary, lamp EMC test report,
- LED luminary, lamp LVD test report,
- LED luminary, lamp technical file,
- LED luminary, lamp Certificate,
- LED luminary, lamp CE mark).