LED luminary, lamp Declaration of Conformity procedure:
1. It is necessary to receive at least one LED luminary, lamp sample (Declaration of Conformity for LED luminaries and LED lamps, is based on:
European Union directives:
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EC,
- Electromagnetic compatibility directive (EMC) 2014/30/EC,
Test reposts that proves compliance to those directives:
- LED luminary, lamp EMC test report,
- LED luminary, lamp LVD test report,
2. EMC testing (LED luminary, LED lamp is tested in electromagnetic compatibility laboratory (EMC) according to following standards:
3. LVD testing (LED luminary and LED lamp is tested in LVD laboratory according to following standard: EN 60598 – 1 (for specific luminaries, there may be different standards used)).
4. Technical file review (Technical information is reviewed– schematics, PCB drawings, component list, construction drawings etc.)
If upper defined steps 2 – 4 are not successfully passed
5. Development/troubleshooting (LED luminary and LED lamp manufacturer receives failing EMC and LVD test reports and caries out LED luminary, lamp improvements to pass EMC testing and/or LVD testing and technical file review. RF EMC DEVELOPMENT can offer help in this stage to reduce time required for LED luminary certification).
6. LED luminary, lamp Declaration of Conformity (Declaration of Conformity is carried out by:
- manufacturer, if it is located in European Union (with RF EMC DEVELOPMENT assistance),
- manufacturer representative in European Union (with RF EMC DEVELOPMENT assistance),
- RF EMC DEVELOPMENT, if LED luminary and LED lamp manufacturer declares RF EMC DEVELOPMENT as official representative in European Union)).
7. Documentation transfer to LED luminary and LED lamp manufacturer (Documentation includes:
LED luminary EMC test report,
LED luminary LVD test report,
LED luminary technical file,
LED luminary Declaration of Conformity,
LED luminary CE mark).