RF EMC DEVELOPMENT can help you to meet Low Voltage Directive (LVD)2014/35/EC requirements by inspecting and testing your products in ISO17025 accredited testing laboratory. This is usually done in conjunction with (EMC) Electromagnetic Compatibility testing, since it is part of CE marking and certification. We cover wide range of harmonized safety standards for following industries– household, industrial, woodworking, mining, medical, telecommunication and railway. Our engineers can help you to prepare technical file and your product to comply with LVD requirements.
The basic standards used for testing, but not limited to:
- EN 60065 Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus for household and similar purposes;
- EN 60204 – 1 Electrical equipment of machines;
- EN 60335 – 1 Electrical appliances for household and similar purposes;
- EN 60598 – 1 Lighting equipment, intended for household and similar purposes;
- EN 60950 – 1 Information technology equipment;
- EN 61010 – 1 Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory processes;
The Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EC applies to products with AC main between 50V and 1.000V or DC 75V and 1.500V. For the equipment under R&TTE Directive or Medical Directive, LVD is applicable without the application of the voltage ranges– in these cases the LVD still applies for products with a battery supply.
Product must be safe for humans, animals and its environment under normal conditions, therefore, it includes:
- Electrical safety
- Mechanical safety
- Thermal safety
- Chemical safety
- Radiation safety